ECM members are official tourist offices, convention bureaux and multi-functional urban marketing agencies established by cities in Europe. They are official in the sense that they are constituted either as departments of city government or public-private partnerships (i.e. companies, foundations, etc.).
To qualify as a member of ECM, a European city represented by its organisation must meet at least two of the following criteria as these apply in its metropolitan area:
- More than 3,000 beds or 1,500 rooms in commercial accommodations
- Capacity to host a meeting of at least 300 delegates in one plenary room, providing sufficient supporting facilities for breakout and catering
- At least three international meetings per year with a minimum of 300 delegates coming from at least three countries during the last three years
Full members may be elected to the Board. They have the right to vote at the ordinary and extraordinary General Assembly.
=> Organisations complying with these criteria above can apply as full members (application form 2017)
=> Regional or national institutions with an interest or involvement in business/leisure tourism and/or city marketing can apply as affiliate members (application form 2017)
To become a member of ECM, cities must pay a membership fee which is linked to their total revenue, i.e. the overall incomes of your organization: national/local government grant, bed taxes, TIC income, commissions, sponsorship and advertising, membership fee and private sector donations, financial interests…
The system is tailor-made to your organization and what you can afford and will give you access to all services.
|Total revenue (in €)||Yearly membership fee|
|Up to 1 million||2 000 €|
|From 1 to 2 millions||3 000 €|
|From 2 to 4 millions||3 500 €|
|From 4 to 6 millions||4 000 €|
|From 6 millions||4 500 €|
|Affiliate members||4 500 €|
Quick steps to join European Cities Marketing
- Fill in the application form according to your member category
- Send it back to the ECM Head Office
- Your application will be submitted to the Board
- Once the Board approves and after reception of your payment, you will be ECM member
- Welcome to ECM and enjoy all benefits of membership!
Any questions? Please contact the ECM Head Office