Whether you are representing a capital, a leading city or a smaller destination,
why miss out on those opportunities and benefits?
Total attendees in 2016
Colleagues to network with
1. EMPOWER YOUR ORGANISATION
|Develop your potential through the exchange of information, experience and best practice with European cities and your national counterparts. Get better knowledge of how your counterparts are working and better understanding of the cities challenges.|
|Benefit from the outcome of city-based Knowledge Groups focusing on: the Meetings Industry; City Cards; City Marketing; Digital Destinations; Research & Statistics; Tourist Information Centres.|
|Attend our twice-yearly, industry-specific conferences run for ECM members and featuring internationally celebrated speakers.|
|Strengthen your expertise, attend yearly Expert Meetings on City Cards, Tourist Information Centres… with a European network of experts, increase the competence, expertise and motivation of your team through exchanging best practice, experience and know-how on practical and daily issues.|
2. IMPROVE YOUR COMPETITIVENESS
THROUGH EXCLUSIVE RESEARCH AND INSIGHTINTO OTHER EUROPEAN CITIES
|Get regular and up-to-date information on the evolution of city destinations. Obtain access to exclusive studies (worth €4000 as membership benefit), and see at a glance the latest performance data of cities in Europe:
• ECM Benchmarking Report: features the volume of urban tourism in Europe.
• ECM Meetings Statistics Report: collects corporate and non corporate meetings.
• ECM Finance Survey: gathers financial models of City Tourist Organisations.
• City Tourism Benchmark Tool: benchmark based on cities bednights, arrivals, capacity & occupancy rates.
• City Tourism Monitor: tracks perceptions of immediate and future trends.
• Shopping Barometer: a pricing benchmark of various services bought by tourists.
|Get reports from our partners:
• ECM-MKG Destination Observatory: regular reports
presenting the development of the hotel industry.
• TCI Research: highlighting city competitiveness
based on the visitors experience.
• ForwardKeys: reports on Europe as a destination
regarding travel behaviour.
3. STRENGTHEN YOUR DESTINATION
THROUGH PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITYAND BUSINESS WORKSHOPS
|Participate in city-tourism workshops: either run exclusively for members, or at preferential rates that offer excellent ROI.
• City Fair: the most well-known European workshop on city tourism. A discount of 30% is available to ECM members.
• Meet Europe: a half-day event targeted at associations in Brussels, Paris and other suitable destinations, to do business with top-quality buyers, pre-selected for the event.
|Expand your business to new emerging markets according to demand (India focus: 50% discount on a 4-day roadshow in three different cities).|
|Build relationships and do business with other European cities.|
4. ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
|Make the most of meetings industry training and personal development: by attending the ECM Summer School and learning from the Meetings Industry with its well known and well respected faculty, you can both develop your career and receive 17.75 Clock Hours towards your CMP accreditation. ECM members are entitled to a discounted rate.|
|Attend training sessions in all areas at all stages of your career.|
5. IMPROVE VISIBILITY
AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITIONOF YOUR DESTINATION
|Show that your organisation belongs to the group of leading destinations in Europe.|
|Strengthen your image in your country of being a leading tourism destination.|
|Facilitate dialogue with your politician leaders through specific events like the IMEX Politicians Forum.|
|Network with ECM’s partners at our events for new and exclusive business opportunities: Arrival Guides, ETOA, IBTM, IMEX, ForwardKeys, MKG, TCI Research…|
|Work together with your European counterparts and be part of the team!|