Global Destination Sustainability Index: 2020 Benchmark Goes LiveJune 23, 2020
European Cities Marketing call for an open and permanent dialogue between European institutions and local destinationsJuly 7, 2020
During the virtual Ordinary & Extraordinary General Assemblies of European Cities Marketing, held on June 10, 2020, ECM members elected Board and Executive Committee representatives.
As COVID-19 situation encourages the spreading and development of digitalisation and virtual meetings, ECM Ordinary & Extraordinary General Assemblies 2020 took place online for the first time ever, on Wednesday June 10, and gathered more than 70 members.
European Cities Marketing as a whole is governed by its Board as the top-management of the network. The Executive Committee of the Board is composed of the President, three Vice-Presidents and the Treasurer. This group is ready to act at any time. Other ECM members complete the Board and they are elected every three-years. During the last assemblies chaired by Petra Stusek, ECM President, ECM members elected Board and Executive Committee representatives.
As for the Executive Committee,
Barbara Jamison (London, UK) was re-elected ECM Vice-President dedicated to City Marketing for a duration of 3 years. Laura Aalto (Helsinki, Finland), was re-nominated ECM Vice-President dedicated to Leisure & Tourism and Ignasi de Delàs (Barcelona, Spain) was reconfirmed Treasurer for a duration of 2 years.
Four members have been elected for the Board:
Michael Otremba (Hamburg, Germany), Christian Lunde (Oslo, Norway), Susanne Höller (Graz, Austria) and Marta Stawińska (Poznań, Poland), who has been reconfirmed for her second mandate.
Sam Johnston (Dublin, Ireland), Geerte Udo (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Dieter Dewulf (Bruges, Belgium), Jurgen Moors (Maastricht, Netherlands), Miguel Sanz (Madrid, Spain) and Yvonne Coulin (Nuremberg, Germany) carry on with their roles as ECM Board Members.
ECM President, Petra Stusek stated:
“2020 has been a challenging year for ECM since we had to reschedule our Spring Conference in Graz and our International Conference and General Assemblies in Poznań. As a response, ECM put on a burst on digitalisation and adapted its events virtually with webinars, Zoom conversations and now the Virtual General Assemblies. Therefore, I’m really glad to see ECM members more united even virtually. I’m proud to be President of European Cities Marketing and I’m happy to work with this new Board ECM. We are always searching for new inspiration and new energy to continue implementing our very relevant strategy and support our members as we have always done.
Throughout the Covid-19 crisis, ECM has been showing its relevance, reactivity, creativity and efficiency in responding to its members needs with the “A New Tomorrow” initiative and its strategic action plan. It is imperative for ECM to enable members to align their own strategic agenda with whatever demands, challenges and opportunities the future will bring. ECM wants to understand and guide members through the new normal, to support them and to continue to stay relevant. It is fundamental for ECM to reshape, to rebuild and to recharge.”
Current ECM Executive Committee:
- Petra Stusek, President (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
- Laura Aalto, Vice-President Leisure & Tourism (CEO, Helsinki Marketing)
- Sam Johnston, Vice-President Meetings Industry (Manager, Dublin Convention Bureau)
- Barbara Jamison, Vice-President City Marketing (Head of Business Development – Europe, London & Partners)
- Ignasi de Delàs, Treasurer (Deputy General Manager, Turisme de Barcelona)
- Geerte Udo (CEO, Amsterdam & Partners)
- Dieter Dewulf (Managing Director, Visit Bruges)
- Susanne Höller (Head of Destination Marketing and Sales, Graz Tourismus)
- Michael Otremba (CEO, Hamburg Tourism Board),
- Barbara Jamison (Head of Business Development – Europe, London & Partners)
- Jurgen Moors (Managing Director, Maastricht Convention Bureau)
- Miguel Sanz (Tourism Director, Madrid Destino)
- Yvonne Coulin (CEO, Nuremberg Convention and Tourist Office)
- Christian Lunde (Managing Director, VisitOSLO),
- Marta Stawińska (Head of Tourist Products Promotion and Tourist Information, Poznań Tourism Organisation)