City Fair is the event for European cities, destinations and suppliers to showcase all of their tourism products to the international travel trade in a productive business environment.
Join over 150 European cities, destinations and their partners, showcasing their tourism offering to over 100 city break product developers & buyers from international markets.
City Fair is a 3-day event organised by ETOA and ECM that includes a drinks reception, a conference and a full-day B2B workshop for product developers and contractors from global travel buyers that want to meet cities and destinations and source tourist product from all over Europe.
The 2019 programme includes:
- Welcome drinks reception on Sunday, June 16
- City Fair workshop on Monday, June 17
- The Innovation in Visitor Management Conference on Tuesday, June 18
Who is it for?
City tourist boards and suppliers (such as hotels and attractions)
European organisations such as:
- Tourist boards
- Tourist offices
- City Marketing Organisations
- And other tourism service providers
Participate as an exhibitor to gain competitive advantage for your destination, and to meet with operators, whose business represents both high volume and niche sectors from Europe and all major long-haul markets.
What kind of buyers you could meet?
Product developers and contractors from:
- Tour Operators
- Other intermediaries
Why is City Fair beneficial for you?
- Take part in 3 events: Reception + Workshop + Conference
- A personalised agenda of one-to-one appointments in a highly efficient 1-day B2B workshop
- Discover what’s new in different European destinations
- Wide variety of well established companies, from budget through luxury
- Connect with business development managers and decision-makers
- Substantial cost and time savings on networking & exhibition fees
Special rates for ECM members, subscribe before March 15!
The 33rd ECM Summer School will be held in London, UK, from August 24-28, 2019.
The ECM Summer School is an unmissable learning opportunity for all professionals working in Convention Bureaux, Tourist Offices, Congress Centres, Airlines, Hotels, DMCs, PCOs & Meeting Planners!
The aim is to equip professionals with the latest marketing tools and to help them to develop the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in conference, meetings and event management.
- Meet professional leaders of the industry
- Gain knowledge and skills for a successful career in the Meetings Industry
- Develop a network with new colleagues and peers from all over Europe
- Get tools to acquire clients in the Meetings Industry
- Gain CMP professional credits to acquire/confirm your CMP certification
Gain CMP professional credits to acquire/confirm your CMP certification!
The ECM Summer School programme has been submitted to the Events Industry Council for CMP Preferred Provider review.
What do they say about ECM Summer School…
“I learned a great deal about the MICE-sector and have now better insights on how to prepare for bids and RFP’s. I had the opportunity to ask questions to experienced faculty and to peers. Discussing dilemma’s and difficulties that we encounter during our daily job, sharing ideas and solutions. And most of all it was an amazing and valuable networking experience!” Sophie Fransen, Project Assistant, Event Masters (Belgium)
“I thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity. It gave me insight into best-practices shared amongst my European colleagues, allowed for the opportunity of networking and for the ability to put together the puzzle pieces being new to the industry. It was an excellent platform to learn about challenges faced (some which are not unique to our country), and to create contacts and share ‘our stories’. All part of the vision to #meet #share #grow. This experience was life impacting for someone like me coming from the Behavioural Sciences background. I now believe that the I have a bigger role to play by influencing the mindsets of people toward creating more awareness and inevitably increasing sales in the business events industry.” Veruschka Rugbeer, Sales Officer, South African Tourism
“ECM Summer School is a one in a lifetime opportunity – not only to widen your knowledge but also to meet so many great people from the meetings industry all around the world. Everyone should take their chance and attend the next Summer School – you won’t regret it!” Rahel Bätschmann, Project Manager Convention Bureau, Zürich Tourism.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact ECM Head Office.
Both events are directed toward managers, academics, as well as consultants and representatives of governments and international organisations dealing with tourism. Participants are invited to register for both days or can choose to participate in just one event. Registration will open in June 2019.
The international seminar will focus on “Innovation in tourism planning: managing capacity, funding and governance strategies in frequently visited places”.
Join us for the 8th ECM City Cards Expert Meeting. Next year’s meeting will be held in Valencia on October 3-4, 2019.
Our broad approach will include presentations and discussions on latest product developments, successful partnerships, innovating marketing strategies and much more.
Our lunch-to-lunch event provides you with a unique opportunity:
- to meet and network with European colleagues managing city cards schemes,
- to share knowledge and insights to stay ahead of the latest market trends & anticipate customers’ needs,
- and to grow your business as well as strengthen your professional expertise.
This event is open to ECM members only, specifically to tourism professionals working on city cards schemes (Product Managers, Project Leaders, Marketing Managers…) who are looking to improve – but also share – their knowledge with other participants.
- The participants’ city must be an existing ECM member and already be running a city card scheme.
- Participants themselves must be directly working on or managing an established city card scheme.
- For City Cards Project 2019 members, participation is free for the first delegate. Extra delegates will be charged a 100 EUR participation fee, with a maximum of 2 delegates per city in total.
- For ECM members who are not part of the City Cards Project 2019, the attendance is limited to 1 person per city with a 190 EUR participation fee.
- Lunches on October 3 and 4, dinner on October 3, as well as coffee breaks are included.
- The attendance is limited to 60 people !
- Your participation fee does not cover accommodation or transport.
For more information about the City Cards Project, please contact ECM Head Office.
Join us for the 6th ECM TIC Expert Meeting. This year’s meeting will be held in Ghent on October 24-25, 2019.
European Cities Marketing, through its TIC Knowledge Group, organises every year an Expert Meeting for Tourist Information Centres managers and staff exclusively, whether they are ECM members or not.
Our event provides you with a unique opportunity:
- to meet and network with colleagues working in Tourist Information Centres all across Europe,
- to share knowledge and best practice with other destinations to stay ahead of the latest market’s trends,
- and to grow your business as well as strengthen your professional expertise.
Our TIC Expert Meeting offers a mix of incentive and exchange opportunities for all attendees. This is why the diversity of participants is of great importance to us. This event is for managers and TIC front office professionals coming from small and large cities and working for either public or private tourist information organisations – whether they are ECM members or not.
- The attendance is limited to 90 persons, with a maximum of 2 delegates per city !
- Lunches and dinner included
- Your participation fee does not cover accommodation or transport
The aim of the meeting is of course to get to know your European colleagues, to share knowledge with them but most of all, we want you to have fun and leave full of inspiration and with a bunch of new friends.
We are looking forward to welcoming you for this sixth edition!