Since 2003, the Policy Forum (formerly Politicians Forum) at IMEX has provided the only high-level event to bring together industry leaders with representatives of governments and government agencies. Government understanding and support is critical to the advancement of the meetings and events industry.
The Forum has evolved over the past 15+ years and hosts not just politicians but a wide variety of policy makers and government influencers. We bring together the meetings world and public policy makers with the aim to influence policy, rather than influence politicians.
The IMEX Policy Forum is built around five elements: Strategy; Advocacy; Development; Engagement; Enlightenment. The overarching aim of the Forum is to act as a catalyst and provide a collaborative global discussion platform critical to the creation of policy that directly benefits our industry.
New in 2018 – The evolution of cities in the meetings industry – a workshop with Professor Greg Clark CBE
We are delighted to confirm that Professor Greg Clark CBE will once again participate in the 2018 Forum. Professor Clark will be working with us to create a new workshop session held before the start of the Forum, designed specifically for local, municipal and regional policymakers and destination representatives.
Chaired by John Greenway, former Member of Parliament, UK
National government discussion
In collaboration with UNWTO
Ministers and senior national government representatives are invited to join the national government discussion. We typically welcome government representatives from travel and tourism, economic affairs and any portfolio related to the meetings and events industry.
Chaired by ICCA President, Nina Freysen-Pretorius
Registration for the Policy Forum
- The Policy Forum is open to national ministers, government officials, local and regional political representatives and accompanying persons. Senior decision makers from international organisations, intergovernmental bodies and the meetings industry are also welcome to attend. Please note that there is no charge to attend the Policy Forum.
- We will support you with the arrangements for your invited political representative in Frankfurt, including a transfer from Frankfurt airport, an invitation to the IMEX Opening Ceremony, entrance to IMEX 2018 and registration for the Policy Forum.
- Prior to registration we kindly ask that you nominate one point of contact, who will be responsible for coordinating the participation of your political representative/delegation. All correspondence with IMEX will be via this contact.
- When registering a political representative, you will be asked if they require an airport transfer. This is provided on a complimentary basis.
Please use the link below to register your political representative and accompanying persons:
Should you have any questions regarding registration please contact email@example.com
For your complimentary copy of the 2017 Forum report, please visit the Policy Forum webpage.
Further information including the provisional 2018 Policy Forum programme can be found here.
We are pleased to let you know that registrations are now open for City Fair 2018.
City Fair is the event for European cities, destinations and suppliers to showcase all of their tourism products to the international travel trade in a productive business environment.
The 2018 programme includes:
- Welcome drinks reception on Sunday 10th June
- City Fair workshop on Monday 11th June
- The Digital City Visitor Conference on Tuesday 12th June
Sign up now and save £300 with our special early bird offer till March 23!
What is City Fair?
It combines ETOA’s long track record in running highly-targeted workshops with ECM’s expertise in city marketing. ETOA’s tour operator members alone represent a combined buying power of over €5 billion, while ECM has a membership of more than 100 cities.
City Fair gives European destination suppliers the opportunity to meet selected travel buyers in a productive business environment.
- One-day B2B event of up to 32 pre-arranged one-to-one meetings
- Around 400 attendees, including 200 exhibitors, with over 6,000 appointments in one day
- Unique format of targeted business workshop with marketing opportunities
- Substantial cost and time saving on product contracting and exhibition fees
- Suppliers from more than 25 European countries
- Product developers and contractors with direct purchasing responsibility from tour operators, online intermediaries, wholesalers and MICE specialists
Why attend City Fair?
City tourist boards and suppliers (such as hotels and attractions)
Participate as an exhibitor to gain competitive advantage for your destination, and to meet with operators, whose business represents both high volume and niche sectors from Europe and all major long-haul markets.
Participate as a buyer to consolidate your existing programmes, to keep abreast of the latest developments in European cities and source new product for your city tours. Attendance is free of charge for buyers.
European Cities Marketing will present a toploaded program for the ECM International Conference where Europe’s city marketers and tourism professionals meet industry thought leaders to debate and strategise the new normal in urban travel and tourism.
More information and registrations to come soon !
The 32nd ECM Summer School will be held in Thessaloniki, Grece from August 25-29, 2018.
The ECM Summer School is an unmissable learning opportunity for all professionals working in Convention Bureaux, Tourist Offices, Congress Centres, Airlines, Hotels, DMCs, PCOs & Meeting Planners!
The aim is to equip professionals with the latest marketing tools and to help them to develop the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in conference, meetings and event management.
- Meet professional leaders of the industry
- Gain knowledge and skills for a successful career in the Meetings Industry
- Develop a network with new colleagues and peers from all over Europe
- Get tools to acquire clients in the Meetings Industry
- Gain CMP professional credits to acquire/confirm your CMP certification
Gain CMP professional credits to acquire/confirm your CMP certification!
CIC has reviewed the learning objectives of this activity and has indicated that attendees will receive 17.75 CE hours in the 5 Domain of the CMP or CMP-HC Standards. Learn more on the CMP on the CIC website.
What do they say about ECM Summer School…
«It was an unforgettable experience with very interesting topics about the Meetings Industry! Everything was well organised and structured. The ECM Summer School is one of the best oportunities to meet people with the same aims, challenges and difficulties in the Meetings Industry.»
Nadine Roth, Assistant Manager Conventions, visitBerlin Berlin Convention Office
«The summer school is an incredible opportunity to network with peers within the meetings trade. It is an opportunity to learn, grow and share experience with the experts who shape the industry – it is an invaluable network to be part of and a chance to discuss challenges and produce creative solutions.»
Graeme Mackay, Ambassador Programme Executive, visitAberdeenshire
«For me the ECM Summer School was a brilliant start into this industry. Next to brilliant classes I also made new contacts from all different kind of countries and learnt lots about their way of working. A real great experience, which I could recommend to everybody.»
Martina Fuhrer, Business Development Manager, Montreux-Vevey Tourism CVB
Should you have any additional questions, please contact ECM Head Office.
Both events are directed toward managers, academics, as well as consultants and representatives of governments and international organizations dealing with tourism. Participants are invited to register for both days or can choose to participate in just one event.
Registration will open later this year.
The participation in the workshop/seminar is free; however, travel and accommodation need to be covered by each participant.
We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna!
The Digital Tourism Think Tank and European Cities Marketing have continued to team up to host the #DTTT Global on November 29-30, 2018 in Helsinki.
#DTTT Global is back for another year of amazing keynote speakers and talks from destinations and industry around the world sharing their insights in digital. Join for two exciting days of inspiration, innovation and networking and be part of the tourism industry’s most important gathering of future thinkers.
Over 250 delegates from all corners of the world gather to learn and discuss the latest innovation, trends and challenges in digital and travel.
Prices and content to come soon !
ECM organises the 12th Meeting of CEOs of Capital & Major Cities in Luxembourg on December 2-3, 2018.
For more information and programme, contact ECM Head Office