With this call for speakers you have great opportunity to help set the agenda for ECM International Conference on urban tourism and travel trends in Ljubljana, June 5-8, 2019.
We are looking for excellent speakers, presenters, challengers, motivators, thinkers, leaders, experts, gurus, talents and DMO professionals with inspirational insights, passions, and learnings to share. On the overall theme of trends and technology in urban travel and tourism likely to change and challenge the business of DMOs, we are looking for…
- The next big thing in the marketplace – trends and phenomena that you haven’t seen before, but are destined to change the way you go about our DMO business.
- Inspiration: The coolest and wildest concepts and technology applications meant to concur the world of travel and the practice of DMOs.
- Playful experiments – for instance the one and only golden project that is really fun and groundbreaking. It can also be cool start-ups disrupting the experiential landscape in your city.
- Walking the talk – taking it beyond the buzz: Good cases of how AI, predictive analysis, VR, AR and data in general can be applied in urban travel and tourism.
- “The helicopter analysis” of the structural forces and dynamics that will drive change in the market – demographics, global transaction platforms, climate crisis, political and cultural matters, new consumer orientations…
We look forward to hear your ideas and leads! In our evaluation of all suggested speakers, we always look for content and quality first, but we also strive for gender balance, diversity of topics and geographical spread.
Practicalities: Please submit your proposals and leads to ECM Meeting Facilitator, Peter Rømer Hansen before December 24, 2018.
Welcome to Ljubljana!
City Fair is the event for European cities, destinations and suppliers to showcase all of their tourism products to the international travel trade in a productive business environment.
The 2019 programme includes:
- Welcome drinks reception on Sunday 16th June
- City Fair workshop on Monday 17th June
What is City Fair?
It combines ETOA’s long track record in running highly-targeted workshops with ECM’s expertise in city marketing. ETOA’s tour operator members alone represent a combined buying power of over €5 billion, while ECM has a membership of more than 100 cities.
City Fair gives European destination suppliers the opportunity to meet selected travel buyers in a productive business environment.
- One-day B2B event of up to 32 pre-arranged one-to-one meetings
- Around 400 attendees, including 200 exhibitors, with over 6,000 appointments in one day
- Unique format of targeted business workshop with marketing opportunities
- Substantial cost and time saving on product contracting and exhibition fees
- Suppliers from more than 25 European countries
- Product developers and contractors with direct purchasing responsibility from tour operators, online intermediaries, wholesalers and MICE specialists
Why attend City Fair?
City tourist boards and suppliers (such as hotels and attractions)
Participate as an exhibitor to gain competitive advantage for your destination, and to meet with operators, whose business represents both high volume and niche sectors from Europe and all major long-haul markets.
Participate as a buyer to consolidate your existing programmes, to keep abreast of the latest developments in European cities and source new product for your city tours. Attendance is free of charge for buyers.