Since 2003, the Policy Forum (formerly Politicians Forum) at IMEX has provided the only high-level event to bring together industry leaders with representatives of governments and government agencies. Government understanding and support is critical to the advancement of the meetings and events industry.
The Forum has evolved over the past 15+ years and hosts not just politicians but a wide variety of policy makers and government influencers. We bring together the meetings world and public policy makers with the aim to influence policy, rather than influence politicians.
The IMEX Policy Forum is built around five elements: Strategy; Advocacy; Development; Engagement; Enlightenment. The overarching aim of the Forum is to act as a catalyst and provide a collaborative global discussion platform critical to the creation of policy that directly benefits our industry.
With this call for speakers you have great opportunity to help set the agenda for ECM International Conference on urban tourism and travel trends in Ljubljana, June 5-8, 2019.
We are looking for excellent speakers, presenters, challengers, motivators, thinkers, leaders, experts, gurus, talents and DMO professionals with inspirational insights, passions, and learnings to share. On the overall theme of trends and technology in urban travel and tourism likely to change and challenge the business of DMOs, we are looking for…
- The next big thing in the marketplace – trends and phenomena that you haven’t seen before, but are destined to change the way you go about our DMO business.
- Inspiration: The coolest and wildest concepts and technology applications meant to concur the world of travel and the practice of DMOs.
- Playful experiments – for instance the one and only golden project that is really fun and groundbreaking. It can also be cool start-ups disrupting the experiential landscape in your city.
- Walking the talk – taking it beyond the buzz: Good cases of how AI, predictive analysis, VR, AR and data in general can be applied in urban travel and tourism.
- “The helicopter analysis” of the structural forces and dynamics that will drive change in the market – demographics, global transaction platforms, climate crisis, political and cultural matters, new consumer orientations…
We look forward to hear your ideas and leads! In our evaluation of all suggested speakers, we always look for content and quality first, but we also strive for gender balance, diversity of topics and geographical spread.
Practicalities: Please submit your proposals and leads to ECM Meeting Facilitator, Peter Rømer Hansen before December 24, 2018.
Welcome to Ljubljana!
City Fair is the event for European cities, destinations and suppliers to showcase all of their tourism products to the international travel trade in a productive business environment.
Join over 150 European cities, destinations and their partners, showcasing their tourism offering to over 100 city break product developers & buyers from international markets.
City Fair is a 3-day event organised by ETOA and ECM that includes a drinks reception, a conference and a full-day B2B workshop for product developers and contractors from global travel buyers that want to meet cities and destinations and source tourist product from all over Europe.
The 2019 programme includes:
- Welcome drinks reception on Sunday, June 16
- City Fair workshop on Monday, June 17
- The Innovation in Visitor Management Conference on Tuesday, June 18
Who is it for?
City tourist boards and suppliers (such as hotels and attractions)
European organisations such as:
- Tourist boards
- Tourist offices
- City Marketing Organisations
- And other tourism service providers
Participate as an exhibitor to gain competitive advantage for your destination, and to meet with operators, whose business represents both high volume and niche sectors from Europe and all major long-haul markets.
What kind of buyers you could meet?
Product developers and contractors from:
- Tour Operators
- Other intermediaries
Why is City Fair beneficial for you?
- Take part in 3 events: Reception + Workshop + Conference
- A personalised agenda of one-to-one appointments in a highly efficient 1-day B2B workshop
- Discover what’s new in different European destinations
- Wide variety of well established companies, from budget through luxury
- Connect with business development managers and decision-makers.
- Substantial cost and time savings on networking &exhibition fees
Special rates for ECM members, subscribe before March 22!
Both events are directed toward managers, academics, as well as consultants and representatives of governments and international organisations dealing with tourism. Participants are invited to register for both days or can choose to participate in just one event. Registration will open in June 2019.