The 14th TourMIS Users’ Workshop and International Seminar on Digitalization & Innovation in Tourism is organised by the European Travel Commission, European Cities Marketing & MODUL University Vienna on September 13-14, 2018.
Both events are directed toward managers, academics, as well as consultants and representatives of governments and international organisations dealing with tourism. Participants are invited to register for both days or can choose to participate in just one event. Registration and Hotel Booking Form is available for download at www.modul.ac.at/tourmis Please submit your registration to Mr. Michael Straube (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 1, 2018 at the latest. For additional information on both events we invite you to visit our website or to contact the local organiser, Dr. Bozana Zekan (email@example.com),
We sincerely thank Austrian National Tourist Office and Vienna Tourist Board for sponsoring the event. We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna!
The participation in the workshop/seminar is free; however, travel and accommodation need to be covered by each participant.
ECM together with the Digital Tourism Think Tank would like to invite you to this year’s #DTTT Campus on September 20-21, 2018 in Jersey!
We are pleased to announce the third edition of the #DTTT Campus, which is happening on September 20-21 in Jersey! Over the course of 2 days we will be talking all about content and the people behind it. We will be inviting a wide range of Content Leads and Creators to share their work with you and engage in discussion as they reveal the process behind it.
As an ECM member, you get 300€ discount for #DTTT Campus 2018 on the Full Flex Ticket. Hurry this offer is available until March 31, 2018.
Register now and avoid missing out on great keynote sessions and unique content creation and strategy workshops
Here are 3 reasons you should not miss #DTTT Campus
✼ Get inspired by case studies and talks
✼ Take part in unique content workshops
✼ Meet with 100’s of destinations & content creators
Register now before it’s too late ⏰
The Digital Tourism Think Tank and European Cities Marketing have continued to team up to host the #DTTT Global on November 29-30, 2018 in Helsinki.
#DTTT Global is back for another year of amazing keynote speakers and talks from destinations and industry around the world sharing their insights in digital. Join for two exciting days of inspiration, innovation and networking and be part of the tourism industry’s most important gathering of future thinkers.
Over 250 delegates from all corners of the world gather to learn and discuss the latest innovation, trends and challenges in digital and travel.
Prices and content to come soon!
ECM organises the 12th Meeting of CEOs of Capital & Major Cities in Luxembourg on December 2-3, 2018.
For more information and programme, contact ECM Head Office
Wanting to get the very best speakers and highest attendance, we kindly call for ideas and city showcases to feature in Edinburgh!
The theme will be “Events in the City” with guiding questions like:
- The broad impact of events – promises and pitfalls
- How events can manifest and mobilize the city (global branding)
- How events can build the city (networks, communities)
- How to market events internationally
- How DMOs can play a role
- How to work, what not to do
- How to do a risk assessment
- Innovations on the international events scene
What we are looking for speakers that…
- Present great cases with lots of learning
- Share great learnings from success and massive failures (pumpkin seed oil to those who will share!)
- Work as DMO professionals, heads of events, professional event owners or international experts
- Represent destinations that go all in on event communication/branding.
- Has done great studies/academic work with evidence based learnings.
- Great new start-ups/technology projects (event concepts/tech tools that are fun and potent)
Please report back to Peter (firstname.lastname@example.org) with fairly precise outlines and leads. We would love to get your proposals during July! Thanks a lot for your help!
Since 2003, the Policy Forum (formerly Politicians Forum) at IMEX has provided the only high-level event to bring together industry leaders with representatives of governments and government agencies. Government understanding and support is critical to the advancement of the meetings and events industry.
The Forum has evolved over the past 15+ years and hosts not just politicians but a wide variety of policy makers and government influencers. We bring together the meetings world and public policy makers with the aim to influence policy, rather than influence politicians.
The IMEX Policy Forum is built around five elements: Strategy; Advocacy; Development; Engagement; Enlightenment. The overarching aim of the Forum is to act as a catalyst and provide a collaborative global discussion platform critical to the creation of policy that directly benefits our industry.
City Fair is the event for European cities, destinations and suppliers to showcase all of their tourism products to the international travel trade in a productive business environment.
The 2019 programme includes:
- Welcome drinks reception on Sunday 9th June
- City Fair workshop on Monday 10th June
What is City Fair?
It combines ETOA’s long track record in running highly-targeted workshops with ECM’s expertise in city marketing. ETOA’s tour operator members alone represent a combined buying power of over €5 billion, while ECM has a membership of more than 100 cities.
City Fair gives European destination suppliers the opportunity to meet selected travel buyers in a productive business environment.
- One-day B2B event of up to 32 pre-arranged one-to-one meetings
- Around 400 attendees, including 200 exhibitors, with over 6,000 appointments in one day
- Unique format of targeted business workshop with marketing opportunities
- Substantial cost and time saving on product contracting and exhibition fees
- Suppliers from more than 25 European countries
- Product developers and contractors with direct purchasing responsibility from tour operators, online intermediaries, wholesalers and MICE specialists
Why attend City Fair?
City tourist boards and suppliers (such as hotels and attractions)
Participate as an exhibitor to gain competitive advantage for your destination, and to meet with operators, whose business represents both high volume and niche sectors from Europe and all major long-haul markets.
Participate as a buyer to consolidate your existing programmes, to keep abreast of the latest developments in European cities and source new product for your city tours. Attendance is free of charge for buyers.