Since 2003, the Policy Forum (formerly Politicians Forum) at IMEX has provided the only high-level event to bring together industry leaders with representatives of governments and government agencies. Government understanding and support is critical to the advancement of the meetings and events industry.
The Forum has evolved over the past 15+ years and hosts not just politicians but a wide variety of policy makers and government influencers. We bring together the meetings world and public policy makers with the aim to influence policy, rather than influence politicians.
The IMEX Policy Forum is built around five elements: Strategy; Advocacy; Development; Engagement; Enlightenment. The overarching aim of the Forum is to act as a catalyst and provide a collaborative global discussion platform critical to the creation of policy that directly benefits our industry.
New in 2018 – The evolution of cities in the meetings industry – a workshop with Professor Greg Clark CBE
We are delighted to confirm that Professor Greg Clark CBE will once again participate in the 2018 Forum. Professor Clark will be working with us to create a new workshop session held before the start of the Forum, designed specifically for local, municipal and regional policymakers and destination representatives.
Chaired by John Greenway, former Member of Parliament, UK
National government discussion
In collaboration with UNWTO
Ministers and senior national government representatives are invited to join the national government discussion. We typically welcome government representatives from travel and tourism, economic affairs and any portfolio related to the meetings and events industry.
Chaired by ICCA President, Nina Freysen-Pretorius
Registration for the Policy Forum
- The Policy Forum is open to national ministers, government officials, local and regional political representatives and accompanying persons. Senior decision makers from international organisations, intergovernmental bodies and the meetings industry are also welcome to attend. Please note that there is no charge to attend the Policy Forum.
- We will support you with the arrangements for your invited political representative in Frankfurt, including a transfer from Frankfurt airport, an invitation to the IMEX Opening Ceremony, entrance to IMEX 2018 and registration for the Policy Forum.
- Prior to registration we kindly ask that you nominate one point of contact, who will be responsible for coordinating the participation of your political representative/delegation. All correspondence with IMEX will be via this contact.
- When registering a political representative, you will be asked if they require an airport transfer. This is provided on a complimentary basis.
Please use the link below to register your political representative and accompanying persons:
Should you have any questions regarding registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For your complimentary copy of the 2017 Forum report, please visit the Policy Forum webpage.
Further information including the provisional 2018 Policy Forum programme can be found here.
The 32nd ECM Summer School will be held in Thessaloniki, Grece from August 25-29, 2018.
The ECM Summer School is an unmissable learning opportunity for all professionals working in Convention Bureaux, Tourist Offices, Congress Centres, Airlines, Hotels, DMCs, PCOs & Meeting Planners!
The aim is to equip professionals with the latest marketing tools and to help them to develop the knowledge and skills required for a successful career in conference, meetings and event management.
- Meet professional leaders of the industry
- Gain knowledge and skills for a successful career in the Meetings Industry
- Develop a network with new colleagues and peers from all over Europe
- Get tools to acquire clients in the Meetings Industry
- Gain CMP professional credits to acquire/confirm your CMP certification
Gain CMP professional credits to acquire/confirm your CMP certification!
CIC has reviewed the learning objectives of this activity and has indicated that attendees will receive 17.75 CE hours in the 5 Domain of the CMP or CMP-HC Standards. Learn more on the CMP on the CIC website.
What do they say about ECM Summer School…
«It was an unforgettable experience with very interesting topics about the Meetings Industry! Everything was well organised and structured. The ECM Summer School is one of the best oportunities to meet people with the same aims, challenges and difficulties in the Meetings Industry.»
Nadine Roth, Assistant Manager Conventions, visitBerlin Berlin Convention Office
«The summer school is an incredible opportunity to network with peers within the meetings trade. It is an opportunity to learn, grow and share experience with the experts who shape the industry – it is an invaluable network to be part of and a chance to discuss challenges and produce creative solutions.»
Graeme Mackay, Ambassador Programme Executive, visitAberdeenshire
«For me the ECM Summer School was a brilliant start into this industry. Next to brilliant classes I also made new contacts from all different kind of countries and learnt lots about their way of working. A real great experience, which I could recommend to everybody.»
Martina Fuhrer, Business Development Manager, Montreux-Vevey Tourism CVB
Should you have any additional questions, please contact ECM Head Office.