In Edinburgh, February 13-16, 2019, we offer you a fully loaded two-day conference with leading international experts, event owners and select international showcases that will provide you with all the insights and inspiration you need to cultivate the event scene in your city. We proudly present event leaders and creatives from some of the world’s leading happenings and dissect the strategies that made them successful. We uncover the dark side of the moon with a “festival of failures” where brave survivors of epic disasters and shitstorms in event management will share their experiences and valuable learnings.
All of this will unfold in the world heritage city of Edinburgh, Scotland’s proud capital and “the world’s festival city”. For longer than a lifetime, Edinburgh has made cultural, sporting and commercial events the principal ingredients in the city’s efforts to connect and communicate with the world. The Edinburgh International Festival, Festival Fringe, and the famous Military Tattoo have become signature events with a global outreach and a massive touristic attraction that helps drive the number of visitor arrivals to outnumber the population of 500,000 friendly locals with a ratio of almost 10:1. Still, the city was very recently ranked the most attractive city in the UK to live and work in and it is easy to see why.
With this top-loaded conference programme, you have the perfect cover to come see for yourself.
With this call for speakers you have great opportunity to help set the agenda for ECM International Conference on urban tourism and travel trends in Ljubljana, June 5-8, 2019.
We are looking for excellent speakers, presenters, challengers, motivators, thinkers, leaders, experts, gurus, talents and DMO professionals with inspirational insights, passions, and learnings to share. On the overall theme of trends and technology in urban travel and tourism likely to change and challenge the business of DMOs, we are looking for…
- The next big thing in the marketplace – trends and phenomena that you haven’t seen before, but are destined to change the way you go about our DMO business.
- Inspiration: The coolest and wildest concepts and technology applications meant to concur the world of travel and the practice of DMOs.
- Playful experiments – for instance the one and only golden project that is really fun and groundbreaking. It can also be cool start-ups disrupting the experiential landscape in your city.
- Walking the talk – taking it beyond the buzz: Good cases of how AI, predictive analysis, VR, AR and data in general can be applied in urban travel and tourism.
- “The helicopter analysis” of the structural forces and dynamics that will drive change in the market – demographics, global transaction platforms, climate crisis, political and cultural matters, new consumer orientations…
We look forward to hear your ideas and leads! In our evaluation of all suggested speakers, we always look for content and quality first, but we also strive for gender balance, diversity of topics and geographical spread.
Practicalities: Please submit your proposals and leads to ECM Meeting Facilitator, Peter Rømer Hansen before December 24, 2018.
Welcome to Ljubljana!