Whether you are representing a capital, a leading city or a smaller destination,
why miss out on those opportunities and benefits?
Total attendees in 2019
Colleagues to network with
1. EMPOWER YOUR ORGANISATION
|Develop your potential through the exchange of information, experience and best practice with European cities and your national counterparts. Get better knowledge of how your counterparts are working and better understanding of the cities challenges.|
|Benefit from the outcome of city-based Knowledge Groups focusing on: the Meetings Industry; City Cards; City Marketing; Digital Destinations; Research & Statistics; Tourist Information Centres.|
|Attend our twice-yearly, industry-specific conferences run for ECM members and featuring internationally celebrated speakers.|
|Strengthen your expertise, attend yearly Expert Meetings on City Cards, Tourist Information Centres… with a European network of experts, increase the competence, expertise and motivation of your team through exchanging best practice, experience and know-how on practical and daily issues.|
2. IMPROVE YOUR COMPETITIVENESS
THROUGH EXCLUSIVE RESEARCH AND INSIGHTINTO OTHER EUROPEAN CITIES
|Get regular and up-to-date information on the evolution of city destinations. Obtain access to exclusive studies (worth €4000 as membership benefit), and see at a glance the latest performance data of cities in Europe:|
• ECM Benchmarking Report: features the volume of urban tourism in Europe.
• ECM Meetings Statistics Report: collects corporate and non corporate meetings.
• ECM Finance Survey: gathers financial models of City Tourist Organisations.
• ECM Event Impact Calculator: How much are events worth to your destination?
• City Tourism Benchmark Tool: benchmark based on cities bednights, arrivals, capacity & occupancy rates.
• City Tourism Monitor: tracks perceptions of immediate and future trends.
• Shopping Barometer: a pricing benchmark of various services bought by tourists.
|Get reports from our partners:|
• ECM-MKG European Destinations Observatory: regular reports presenting the development of the hotel industry.
• ECM-TCI Research Global Independent Benchmark of Cities’ Competitiveness: highlighting city competitiveness based on the visitors’ experience.
• ECM-ForwardKeys Air Travellers’ Traffic Barometer: reports on Europe as a destination regarding travel behaviour.
3. STRENGTHEN YOUR DESTINATION
THROUGH PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITYAND BUSINESS WORKSHOPS
|Participate in city tourism workshop at preferential rates that offer excellent ROI: City Fair, the most well-known European workshop on city tourism. A 30% discount is available to ECM members.|
|Be part of the Global Destination Sustainability Index and benchmark your city as a sustainable meeting destination.|
|Through the City Cards Project promote your city card to the public and trade industry under the We Love City Cards branding campaign.|
|Build relationships and do business with other European cities.|
|Get actionable strategies for your DMO’s success through DestinationNEXT (powered by Destinations International).|
4. ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
|Make the most of meetings industry training and personal development: by attending the ECM Summer School and learning from the Meetings Industry with its well known and well respected faculty, you can both develop your career and receive 17.75 Clock Hours towards your CMP accreditation. ECM members are entitled to a discounted rate.|
|Attend training sessions in all areas at all stages of your career.|
5. IMPROVE VISIBILITY
AND INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITIONOF YOUR DESTINATION
|Show that your organisation belongs to the group of leading destinations in Europe.|
|Strengthen your image in your country of being a leading tourism destination.|
|Facilitate dialogue with your politician leaders through specific events like the IMEX Policy Forum.|
|Network with ECM’s partners at our events for new and exclusive business opportunities: Arrival Guides, DTTT, ETOA, IBTM, IMEX, ForwardKeys, MKG, StudentMarketing, Toposophy, TCI Research…|
|Work together with your European counterparts and be part of the team!|