IBTM Arabia connects global buyers with MENA suppliers in the meetings, incentives and events industry. IBTM Arabia provides a gateway to the Arabian meetings, events and incentives market.
Its aim is to help create better events for better business results by building real business connections through focused one-to-one meetings and unique networking opportunities.
Since 2003, the Policy Forum (formerly Politicians Forum) at IMEX has provided the only high-level event to bring together industry leaders with representatives of governments and government agencies. Government understanding and support is critical to the advancement of the meetings and events industry.
The Forum has evolved over the past 15+ years and hosts not just politicians but a wide variety of policy makers and government influencers. We bring together the meetings world and public policy makers with the aim to influence policy, rather than influence politicians.
The IMEX Policy Forum is built around five elements: Strategy; Advocacy; Development; Engagement; Enlightenment. The overarching aim of the Forum is to act as a catalyst and provide a collaborative global discussion platform critical to the creation of policy that directly benefits our industry.
“Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming” – DAVID BOWIE
“Tomorrow Today” is the pledge of European Cities Marketing to all of Europe’s DMOs who navigate the everchanging market conditions and demands of the visitor economy. With Tomorrow Today, we begin a new journey as an association for destination managers and urban changemakers.
At the 2019 General Assembly and International Conference in Ljubljana, we invite you to listen and learn what’s coming your way. Together, we celebrate the new paradigm for DMOs in urban travel and tourism where complexity and rapid changes in technology, consumer behaviour and politics constitute the new normal. We explore and debate the latest market trends and the significant driving forces that will shape the future of destination management.
Above all, we welcome a tomorrow where a growing number of bed nights might no longer be the guiding imperative for success. In Ljubljana, we learn from lead destinations, international experts and urban entrepreneurs who are successfully pursuing purpose and positive impact in urban travel and tourism.
We take David Bowie on his word, as we listen to today’s entrepreneurs and emerging new destinations as they charge tomorrow’s urban travel without looking much at the patterns and players of yesterday.
We meet in Ljubljana, famous for its friendly and young hearted hospitality and optimistic vibe. Ljubljana has always been a city on the move, visually illustrated by its blend of Italian baroque, art nouveau and modernist cityscape. Ljubljana is also pretty much located smack in the heart Europe. Just like ECM.
See you in Ljubljana!
Registrations will be open soon !
City Fair is the event for European cities, destinations and suppliers to showcase all of their tourism products to the international travel trade in a productive business environment.
Join over 150 European cities, destinations and their partners, showcasing their tourism offering to over 100 city break product developers & buyers from international markets.
City Fair is a 3-day event organised by ETOA and ECM that includes a drinks reception, a conference and a full-day B2B workshop for product developers and contractors from global travel buyers that want to meet cities and destinations and source tourist product from all over Europe.
The 2019 programme includes:
- Welcome drinks reception on Sunday, June 16
- City Fair workshop on Monday, June 17
- The Innovation in Visitor Management Conference on Tuesday, June 18
Who is it for?
City tourist boards and suppliers (such as hotels and attractions)
European organisations such as:
- Tourist boards
- Tourist offices
- City Marketing Organisations
- And other tourism service providers
Participate as an exhibitor to gain competitive advantage for your destination, and to meet with operators, whose business represents both high volume and niche sectors from Europe and all major long-haul markets.
What kind of buyers you could meet?
Product developers and contractors from:
- Tour Operators
- Other intermediaries
Why is City Fair beneficial for you?
- Take part in 3 events: Reception + Workshop + Conference
- A personalised agenda of one-to-one appointments in a highly efficient 1-day B2B workshop
- Discover what’s new in different European destinations
- Wide variety of well established companies, from budget through luxury
- Connect with business development managers and decision-makers
- Substantial cost and time savings on networking & exhibition fees
Special rates for ECM members, subscribe before March 15!
Brought to you by the most experienced name in MICE exhibitions, IBTM provides a gateway to the Chinese and Asia Pacific meetings, events and incentives market with IBTM China.
Its aim is to immerse you in a community that, through networking, education and career development, will leave you inspired to create better events for better business.
Smart Monday, powered by MPI (Meeting Professionals International) and supported by IMEX’s association partners, kicks off IMEX America week giving attendees a full day of essential education conveniently located all in one place. As IMEX’s strategic partner and premier education provider MPI is bringing more than 30 concurrent and deep dive education sessions to Las Vegas—giving attendees the clock hours they need for CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) certification or recertification.
IMEX America sets the pace for doing business on an international scale. Increasing in size and scope annually, this event features the largest Hosted Buyer Program in North America and attracts thousands of buyers and exhibitors from the U.S. and around the world. The energy at IMEX America is everywhere, connecting everyone with key players, generating innovative ideas and driving business with the force of global opportunities. Plug into the power source at IMEX America: the pulse of the meetings industry.
Both events are directed toward managers, academics, as well as consultants and representatives of governments and international organisations dealing with tourism. Participants are invited to register for both days or can choose to participate in just one event. Registration will open in June 2019.
Join us for the 8th ECM City Cards Expert Meeting. Next year’s meeting will be held in Valencia on October 3-4, 2019.
Our broad approach will include presentations and discussions on latest product developments, successful partnerships, innovating marketing strategies and much more.
Our lunch-to-lunch event provides you with a unique opportunity:
- to meet and network with European colleagues managing city cards schemes,
- to share knowledge and insights to stay ahead of the latest market trends & anticipate customers’ needs,
- and to grow your business as well as strengthen your professional expertise.
This event is open to ECM members only, specifically to tourism professionals working on city cards schemes (Product Managers, Project Leaders, Marketing Managers…) who are looking to improve – but also share – their knowledge with other participants.
- The participants’ city must be an existing ECM member and already be running a city card scheme.
- Participants themselves must be directly working on or managing an established city card scheme.
- For City Cards Project 2019 members, participation is free for the first delegate. Extra delegates will be charged a 100 EUR participation fee, with a maximum of 2 delegates per city in total.
- For ECM members who are not part of the City Cards Project 2019, the attendance is limited to 1 person per city with a 190 EUR participation fee.
- Lunches on October 3 and 4, dinner on October 3, as well as coffee breaks are included.
- The attendance is limited to 60 people !
- Your participation fee does not cover accommodation or transport.
For more information about the City Cards Project, please contact ECM Head Office.
Join us for the 6th ECM TIC Expert Meeting. This year’s meeting will be held in Ghent on October 24-25, 2019.
More info will follow.
European Cities Marketing, through its TIC Knowledge Group, organises every year an Expert Meeting for Tourist Information Centres managers and staff exclusively, whether they are ECM members or not.
Our event provides you with a unique opportunity:
- to meet and network with colleagues working in Tourist Information Centres all across Europe,
- to share knowledge and best practice with other destinations to stay ahead of the latest market’s trends,
- and to grow your business as well as strengthen your professional expertise.
Our TIC Expert Meeting offers a mix of incentive and exchange opportunities for all attendees. This is why the diversity of participants is of great importance to us. This event is for managers and TIC front office professionals coming from small and large cities and working for either public or private tourist information organisations – whether they are ECM members or not.
- The attendance is limited to 90 persons, with a maximum of 2 delegates per city !
- Lunches and dinner included
- Your participation fee does not cover accommodation or transport
The aim of the meeting is of course to get to know your European colleagues, to share knowledge with them but most of all, we want you to have fun and leave full of inspiration and with a bunch of new friends.
We are looking forward to welcoming you for this sixth edition!
IBTM World is the leading global event for the meetings and events industry and we have one goal; we want to inspire the events world to deliver exceptional experiences. For 31 years, IBTM World has been providing the global community with the inspiration, business connections and content you need to create world-class events for your customers.
Make a year’s worth of connections in just 3 days at IBTM World.
ECM will be present at IBTM World, November 19-21, 2019
Visit us to learn about:
- ECM workshops
- ECM activities
- ECM Summer School
- ECM Academy
- ECm Meetings Statistics Report
- … and much more!